What is “Gyoseishoshi”?
“Gyoseishoshi” is one of certified legal expert in Japan.
According to the Tokyo Gyoseishoshi Association, Gyoseishoshi is “certified experts authorized to prepare documents to be submitted to a public agency in order to gain license or approval through our extensive expertise backed by our experience. In addition, other types of documents relating to rights, duties or representation can also be prepared and dealt with by Gyoseishoshi Lawyer through its proven proficiency in such document preparation.” (source; https://www.tokyo-gyosei.or.jp/en/index.html)
Please note that English translation for “Gyoseishoshi” varies, such as the Japan Gyoseishoshi Federation calls “Certified Administrative Procedures Legal Specialist”, while the Tokyo Gyoseishoshi Association says “Gyoseishoshi Lawyer”. Moreover, the Immigration Services Agency describes “Administrative Scrivener”. It is also translated as “Administrative Solicitor”.
The Three Pillars of Services
Gyoseishoshi mainly offers the following three services, which are highly demanded, to foreign nationals residing both at home and abroad:
Procedures for obtaining a status of residence to work in Japan
Procedures of application for permission required for Incorporation, Affidavit or Notarized corporate certification
Procedures for Inheritance, Marriage with Japanese National and Adoption
Useful Immigration procedures and Visa (Status of Residence) Information
- What happens if my visa expiry day comes while my application for “Extension of Period of Stay” is still in process?
- What is the immigration procedure to be a freelancer?
- When a spouse who married with Japanese National / Permanent Resident, applies for Permanent Residency
- Am I able to renew my working visa if I am no longer a full-time employee?
- In case of “Highly-Skilled Foreign Professionals” changed a job
- Highly-Skilled Foreign Professionals
- Extension of period of stay for students (e.g. language school to university)
- Return of a residence card
- Is it possible to bring my aged parents to Japan?
- Departure orders
- Certificate of Authorized Employment (for changing jobs)
- Authentication (of official seals) and Apostille
- Student visa and freelancing
- Requirements for changing the status of residence (visa) from “Student” to “Work”
- Designated Activities visa for oversea students to continue job hunting after graduation
- Notification concerning the spouse （e.g. divorce）
- “Intra-company Transferee” visa (status of residence) for whom from an office abroad
- Notification concerning the accepting organization （e.g. changing jobs）
- Application for extension of the validation period of the residence card
- Inviting a foreign national to Japan (for short-term stay)
- Permission for Permanent Residence
- Businenss Manager Visa (Status of Residence)
- Working Visa (Status of Residence) “Engineer/ Specialist in Humanities/ International Services”
- Part-time/side jobs: you need to obtain “Permission to Engage in an Activity Other Than That Permitted by the Status of Residence Previously Granted”
- Bringing a partner/family to Japan
- Study Japanese at the Japanese Language Institution in Japan
- How to renew my status of residence (i.e. visa)?
- How can I obtain the re-entry permit?
- “Certificate of fidelity guarantee” and “guarantor’s responsibilities”
- Student and Part-time Job
- We are foreign national couples. What should I do if we have a baby?
- How long is the re-entry permit effective?
- What is a difference between multiple and single re-entry permits?
- Where should I apply for changing my status of residence, extending my period of stay or acquiring re-entry permit? Who must file an application form?
- I visit Japan for “sightseeing” purpose. May I work in Japan?
- Will a foreign national suffer difficulty in visiting Japan in the future if he/she has been ordered exclusion from Japan so far?
- What will happen if a foreign national is denied landing Japan?
- What are “Grounds for Denial of landing”? What kind of foreign nationals will be denied landing Japan?
- Will the Certificate of Eligibility expire?
- Can I enter Japan if I possess a Certificate of Eligibility?
- Where should I apply for the Certificate of Eligibility?
- Who may apply for the Certificate of Eligibility?
- What is the Certificate of Eligibility?
- What do the status of residence and period of stay mean?
- What is visa?