Design a site like this with
Get started

In principle, it is essential for an applicant for Japanese permanent residency to meet some requirements, such as he/she has stayed in Japan for more than 10 years consecutively, and also has had work permit or the status of residence for more than 5 years consecutively.

However, these principle requirements will be relaxed in some cases.

If you are married with Japanese National / Permanent Residence…

In case of the person who is married with a Japanese national, special permanent resident or permanent resident, 10 years requirement will be eased as follows.

(1) a real marital relationship for more than 3 years consecutively, and;

(2) stayed in Japan for more than 1 year consecutively.

Who is eligible for this? Dose this apply only for spouse visa (status of residence) holders?

According to to the Immigration Services Agency, this isn’t limited to spouse visa holders.

For inquiry to Visa and Beyond by Takatsuka Office, please send a message through a contact page.

Published by Takatsuka Office たかつか事務所

Yuichi is an Administrative Solicitor (“Gyoseishoshi Lawyer”) as well as a Registered Migration Agent. オーストラリアから帰国後、「街の身近な法律家×国際人」として地域の皆様の力になりたいとの思いより、JR南浦和駅近くに行政書士事務所を開いた高塚雄一です。

Leave a comment

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: