Design a site like this with
Get started

In general, when a mid-long term resident with the status of residence for work ( “Engineer / Specialist in Humanities/ International Services”, “Skilled Labor”, etc) changed a job, he/she needs to make a notification to the Minister of Justice (i.e. the Immigration Services Agency) within 14 days.

In case of “Highly-Skilled Foreign Professionals”

However, in case of “Highly-Skilled Foreign Professionals” changed a job, he/she also needs to apply for “Change of Status of Residence”.

Which means, an applicant must submit a point calculation form pertaining to the activities he/she intends to engage in and documentary evidence of the points again.

Why do I need to submit a point calculation form again?

This is simply because the point based system is designed to evaluate not only applicant’s “academic background”, “professional career” and “research achievements”, but also matters relating with contracting organization.

Therefore, applicant needs to submit a point calculation form as well as relevant supportive evidences in this time again.

If not successful …

Even if an application for change of status of residence is not likely successful, there is an opportunity to switch an application into the other work related status of residence by submission of a request for change of the contents of application.

For inquiry to Visa and Beyond by Takatsuka Office, please send a message through a contact page.

Published by Takatsuka Office たかつか事務所

Yuichi is an Administrative Solicitor (“Gyoseishoshi Lawyer”) as well as a Registered Migration Agent. オーストラリアから帰国後、「街の身近な法律家×国際人」として地域の皆様の力になりたいとの思いより、JR南浦和駅近くに行政書士事務所を開いた高塚雄一です。

Leave a comment

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: