Design a site like this with
Get started

When a foreigner national is no longer a medium to long-term resident*, he/she must return the card to the Minister of Justice (regional immigration bureaus) within 14 days of the date on which the card ceases to have effect.

In this case, a foreigner can return his/her residence card either by directly bringing it to the Regional Immigration Office in charge of his/her address, or sending it to the following address by mail.

(Destination of return by mail)
Odaiba Branch Office, the Tokyo Immigration Bureau Tokyo Port Joint Government Building 9F, 2-7-11 Aomi, Koto-ku, Tokyo 135-0064 
※ Please write “The residence card to be returned” on the face of the envelope

If he/she fails to return the card within a prescribed period, it will be a cause of punishment with a fine.

*or the valid period of the card expires, or the foreigner leaves Japan with re-entry permission but fails to re-enter Japan within the valid period of the re-entry permission, or the residence card possessed by the foreigner otherwise ceases to have an effect.

(Source: The Immigration Services Agency of Japan)

For inquiry to Visa and Beyond by Takatsuka Office, please send a message through a contact page.

Published by Takatsuka Office たかつか事務所

Yuichi is an Administrative Solicitor (“Gyoseishoshi Lawyer”) as well as a Registered Migration Agent. オーストラリアから帰国後、「街の身近な法律家×国際人」として地域の皆様の力になりたいとの思いより、JR南浦和駅近くに行政書士事務所を開いた高塚雄一です。

Leave a comment

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: